Moving forward with bone marrow Transplant

7:21 PM Dressy_Daisy 2 Comments

This week has been full of appointments. I believe 8 from tuesday - thusday, 3 days? Monday I was told that I would be admitted to the hospital by the end of this month. 31st of July to be exact. And yes, that day will be the day that I get admitted and start chemotherapy. Transplant is scheduled for August 5th. I am so thankful for my brother who is willing to be a donor, as well as any friend or family member would do for me. I am very blessed with the best people in my life. Since I have agreed to transplant, I lay my life down and it is in Gods hands. What ever happens from here is up to him. I believe he is with me, he will help me, he will protect me. He says he loves his children, and I know healing will come and I will be restored.
Doctors say I will be in the hospital for 3-4 weeks after transplant and then will be home for a few months. Total this should all take 6-12 months for full recovery. I can't wait for life to go back to normal :)
I had another bone marrow biopsy yesterday, that really hurt the first time so I asked for extra medication. I ended up getting 3 ml's of morphine and some lorazepam for anxiety. My husband of course was holding my hand the whole time. He's the best.
Today I had 19 tubes of blood taken from me for tests, as well as a platelet transfusion since my count is down to 11. I had bleeding in 3 parts of my body that just hasn't been able to heal. And this canker sore in my mouth is driving me crazy for the last 2 weeks and it wont heal. Hopefully this biopsy scar will heal and fade. By next friday I don't think I will be getting anymore transfusions for a while.. not sure, need to ask. I will miss all the nurses I have become friends with. All the labs techs who see me every other day know me very well and they have become close to me. The transfusions nurses too are all so sweet and have always been so caring and helpful these past 8 months. I do plan on vising them after this is all over.
So after all of those pokes and transfusions can you guess how many times I have been poked in the arms in the last 8 months?
lets see..... about 110-1130 lab test... 35-40 transfusions, so ya, about 160-170 pokes. My poor veins! :/
But thank you God for these veins, they are beautiful and don't look abused. They have healed and will heal.
So yes, now you can see why all of these nurses know me so well. And I hope I leave a mark on their lives. Whats the point of knowing them without spreading some love to them, especially since I receive so much love from out heavenly father. I am so thankful that I have been able to still enjoy life this past year. I got to live with stability off the transfusions. Thank God for doctors, technology, modern medicine. I actually just got my diploma this last week for finishing my second year of Bible College, Yes, I was able to go to school 2 times a week during all of this! Thank you God. Also got to see One Direction perform last week (hehe). That has been a dream for a while since they are my favorite band, yes I sound like a little girl haha. And I get to celebrate my husbands birthday this weekend, he will turn 24. I love him so much, I cant wait to make him feel as special as he really is. Coming back to treatment, I am worried about the chemo and loosing my hair, but this needs to happen and it will if it's Gods will. It will grow back more beautiful... Have to stay positive!
I will lose weight and muscle. At about 104 pounds now I hope I won't look too scary lol. I pray for fast recovery if everything goes as planned. But I am still praying for God to cover me with his mercy, to come out to meet and help me. He is the healer, I trust him. Please pray for my faith, strength, healing, recovery, and hope.
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. You are so beautiful and such a strong woman of God! I can't imagine what you are going through and your loved ones as well! Stay strong and keep fighting, I know God is doing something great! I believe and know that in the end His hand will be upon you always! You're blog is so amazing and inspiring! May God bless you and heal you darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your so sweet, thank you so much. Well glory to God then, it's all to bring praise to him.! I know I will be ok, after all, I am his daughter and he takes care of us. :)
      xoxo

      Delete