The trial continues

11:45 AM Dressy_Daisy 0 Comments

The posts that i have posted earlier I have written a while ago, the one about aplastic anemia I wrote a few months ago but haven't wrote much since then. Yes it was over 7 months ago that I first started feeling sick and was admitted to the hospital. Ever since then my life hasn't been the same. I did not want to think about it, I didn't want anyone to worry about me, especially my family and mostly my parents. I started seeking advise of friends, family, social media. Many people suggested to see a naturopath doctor and so I desperately took this chance. After a few appointments my naturopath found somethings here and there but nothing that brought my blood back to normal. I did labs and found out I have a sensitivity to gluten, sugar, and all these foods I have been eating all my life. My body had high levels of mercury, lead, yeast, and pesticides. Many things were way off. She started to try to heal me from the inside, tried to boost my immune system. She found a trace of schistosomiasis which is caused from a bite or sting from a slug or snail found in tropical areas. This is why we believe something got triggered in my system while I was on my honeymoon in mexico. My immune system was already low from all the damage I had done to it, as well as wedding stress and something went off to start the auto immune. During all these appointments I was still seeing my oncology doctor at Kaiser. I was getting labs done every other day (4 times a week) to check my blood. At first I was getting blood transfusions once every week and then I started having to have them every week. I would need both platelets and red blood so sometimes I would get transfusions twice a week. I have had my doctor tell me that if my platelets are below 10,000 I can have bleeding in the brain, brain damage, a stroke, or even death. That day my labs showed my platelets were at 3,000. The average person has 150k-450k. Of course I had to go to the emergency again. It was at times like these that I felt that the Lord was with me, he was carrying me. There have been many times when I would be scared and he would fill me with explainable peace. I am so grateful to him.

Another thing I am grateful for is the fact that i can LIVE. I don't have anemia symptoms. I can perform most daily duties, I only have mild symptoms of fast heart beat with activity and some pale skin. Doctors tell me my white blood count is usually below 2 and that I am at high risk for some serious problems if I get sick or hurt. I have been around sick people and have not gotten sick. My body has been able to fight off colds, my immune system is surprisingly very strong.
However, over time and receiving all the transfusions I started to feel pain in my heart and my stomach area. Doctors tested me and found I had very high amounts of iron in my body from the transfusions and the iron had no where to go. Eventually it can cause more serious problems to my health. They put me on a new medication called Desferal. It's an injection/pump I wear over the course of 8 hours at night while I sleep. It's not the most pleasant experience to poke yourself 5 times a week and sleep with a needle in your belly. The Lord gave me strength. I started this almost 3 weeks ago and I know it's only temporary so I'm okay with it...Just now I'm getting poked 10-12 times a week. I pray that God will heal my scars. I pray in Jesus name that once I will be restored that I will be renewed and whole.
I have agreed to go forward with the transplant. I know that God works through doctors and he told me not to be stubborn about treatment because he will do some things through them. I have no idea what his plans are for me but I believe he will heal me. Something in my heart is keeping me calm, no matter what the internet says about this dangerous and very rare disease. The Lord of Lords is above all, by his strips I am healed.

0 comments: