Admitted, T-6 days

9:00 AM Dressy_Daisy 0 Comments

Hello dear family and friends. I would like to update you with my recent condition. After finishing taking some tests and blood work this week, as well as packing, cleaning, and cooking, I have finally admitted into OHSU. Since this is a blood issue, I am staying with many cancer patients and other blood related patients who are getting treatment. I haven't seen of them yet, but I pray I wont be discouraged and that I will be the light to them that God says he shines on me. Honestly, without God I don't know where I would be mentally right now, probably in despair and depressed? The doctor had a talk with me the other day. He told me that this procedure has a severe mortality rate in case of problems, that I might die in the process, and that because of all the meds I will be receiving, I can eventually have problems with my kidneys, liver, pancreas, heart, infertility and other scary things. You know what i did? I REBUKED those words in my mind in Jesus name. I actually came out happy, I had peace on my heart. Why am I so lucky that God is showing me his grace mercy and love. I am a sinner just like everyone, and here he promised me complete restoration, LIFE, blessing, and healing. How can negative things that doctors say effect anything that God has already done. Earth is in his hands, he is in charge, he makes the impossible possible. I said a temporary goodbye to my work and told them I will see them sooner than they think. I really can't wait for my world to be shaken and the people around me to see that God is the one and only GOD. We were placed here to serve him, not the other way around. He gives and he takes away so how can I ask him to not take away anything that is his? Even if it's my hair, I'm praying that I will still love him as much and that I wont be disappointed or angry. I know God is trying to get closer to some family or friends through all of this, and Praise him, I already see it. When you have health, you can get through anything. Yet all the big problems seem so small when it's taken away from you.
Anyway, on wednesday the 29th, I had a platelet transfusion and I had a very severe allergic reaction after about 20 minutes. After the nurses stopped it, it was already too late. Hives spilled out all over my body and face, swelling up and became irritating. My throat started to swell and closed a little to where it hurt to swallow. A mild fever hit me and after a lot more benadryl, my nose felt kinda numb as well as my whole body eventually from it being so strong. After 4 hours I slowly finished getting the platelets and went home. Since the reaction was so severe they took blood cultures and the results came back positive, and so yesterday they redid the test i case of contamination to double check. This can mean there is a bacteria or infection in my blood and that can be very dangerous. I know everything is in Gods hands so whatever happens now is part of his plans.
I have a cute little room with a window and a nice view of the hillside behind downtown. They started me on chemo last night, I haven't felt nauseous yet, but my heart and tummy have been kind of hurting. At first they were checking my vitals every min minutes, then 30 minutes, and after 2ish a.m. they would just come in once an hour. I have to get up to release my bladder also about every hour so it kind of works. These pains on the inside make me miss my bed, my home, my health. I miss the sweet freedom of being able to do whatever, whenever. Most of all, I miss the joy I shared with my amazing husband before he got all this weight on his shoulders. But, this will pass. I just know it will. Please continue to pray for my faith, healing, and Gods mercy as it is the only things that will get me out of here. Thank you all so much for reading, be blessed!
-xoxo Regina

0 comments: