Day 1 after transplant

5:23 PM Dressy_Daisy 7 Comments

Hello my dear family and friends.
I am so sorry that I haven't been keeping many people updated. Oh boy has it been some week.... And not the best I have ever had. Lets just get started off by saying I was admitted friday the 31st and had to wait half the day just to get my port in because I needed to get a platelete transfusion first. The port in my neck is a scary looking thing. It comes through my neck and calmest in the bottom holding 3 lines where lines can be placed.
 Well I am praying that the scar won't be big :( anyways after I got that put in I was sent straight to my room, on floor14k (yes the oncology section). Most of the people here are battling with some kind of cancer, bone marrow issue or blood related reason. I am the only one with aplastic anemia up here at this time. So i spent the first 4 night receiving chemotheraphy and let me just tell you, anyone who has ever had to go through with it, no one will ever understand how you feel. The nasty feeling of chemo is indescribable. After the 1st couple of days its tolerable, but eventually it was just nauseous and food tasted like nothing to me. I had points were fevers would strike, or where I would just have the shakes. The chemo wasn't what really had an effect of me as the water weight. I came in here at 104 pounds. To my great surprise, when they weighed me the other day I was at 122.! like where can that much water even go?! Well, thankfully, I finished my chemo and they stopped adding in the liquids so things have been easier. Let me tell you what has been happening.
A day in the hospital is like a never endinnnggggg minute. Time just does not move (i've learned to keep myself busy). I can make laps on this unit, but I am not allowed to leave. I have met many other AMAMZING patients here, I praise Jesus because I know he put us all here together at the same time to shine his light. Most of our conversations are like...."but I'm feeling better Praise God...I'll be praying for you....God is good all the time...Our God is here with us... and so on. Lets just say, God is here and everyone knows it! he is holding each one of us up, we are all going on strong and are doing well, considering the circumstances.
So while I have been waiting, I have been mostly laying around. I can't focus, I can't read, can't watch tv, and can barely function so I have been laying around a lot 'snoozing.'  I don't now if its from the water weight or the pressure or the drugs, but I could not see. I wear contact lenses and so I have been in glasses because I was told to, and my eyes were just blurry for the past few days. I couldn't see 2 feet in front of me, it made things so much harder for me as well as stressful. Thank you jesus, today I was able to pick up a book... and this laptop ;) I am excited to say for the first time I am not terrified of visitors, I knows its recovery from here. I can't wait to see my husband, who by the way is the most amazing, most loving, biggest blessing in my life. After this is all over, my life will be dedicated to serving him and the Lord most high!
So lets talk about the transplant. My brother alex was the donor, he's 23, pretty well built, and healthy. They brought him in yesterday, and his procedure was so short and simple, I cannot thank God enough! He said all he did was close his eyes and then wake up! He actually was able to go home the same day, he even stopped by my room for a few minutes, here he is. He's such a sweetheart, my husband and I want to repay him in everyday that we can!
And he was so willing and happy to help, can we say thank you Lord for amazing siblings!?
So by the time they got the marrow from him and spun it or did whatever they needed too, it was like 9 hours later that it finally came to me. They pre-medicated me and it started. Within seconds I felt like my brain was going to explode. Guys, I am not sure why this happened, and I know it doesn't to most people, but it hurt me so badly. I felt like I was having the biggest headache in the world, it was like a burning almost inside of my head. It made my blood pressure shoot up, and they had to slow it completely down and then eventually sped it up again. The whole process took 3 hours my mom said, she was in here with my husband, with such worried looks on their faces praying for me and sending out texts and calls to anyone and everyone to pray. They also kept everyone updated. They are both so amazing. So is my pops. here are my parents yesterday while they were waiting for my brothers procedure to take place, they are so cute :)

So since my head was hurting so badly, they kept giving me morphine, and other meds to stabilize my heart. I don't remember much except telling my mom to tell everyone to pray and that my head hurt. My poor husband was holding my hand, I can't imagine the pain he felt for me... I miss him so much just writing this...(I'm gonna see him very soon I CANNOT WAIT!!! hehe)
after everything was all over I was able to sleep even thou with a minor headache, I still felt like I didn't get my sleep. I did throw up a little this morning too..its ok. I woke up this morning, kissed my hubby goodbye and waiting for my mom to come. After she showed up, I was put on lasix to pee out excess water, and I showered, and you know what guys, I feel great!!! I can see, my eye sight is back to normal, the water weight is slowly going down where I can walk and do everything normally. Praise you jesus! just the difference those things can make, even a shower, being clean, what a blessing. Thank you God.
I have been able to write this whole post while sipping on some tea, I was able to take down a cup of soup earlier, and I am drinking plenty of fluids. I know this isn't over yet, I still might have 2-4 weeks in here and maybe more. But i know that eventually I will go home, I will be renewed and made whole. I will be healed and healthy and this will be my testimony. Even during the trials, the throbbing in my head, my thoughts were, this is for your Glory God and may your will be done. You give and you take away, I can't ask for anything from you. I can only pray for your love and mercy. Be blessed friends!!
xoxo






7 comments:

  1. It's good to hear and update from you Regina. God bless you with strength to keep going and staying strong in your treatment. I know you can do it! We can do all things through Christ! I'm thinking about you and sending positive wishes��
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much dear! May God bless you.!! :*

      Delete
  2. Regina you are one strong cookie. I'm so glad to hear you are alright and in recovery. May God keep blessing you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you love :* Yes I hope to be out of here before we know it! miss you girls!! :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regina you made me tear up! You're always in Peter's and my prayers. We're here for you, if you need anything just let us know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much inna!! I know your prayers are what are keeping me strong and held together. Love you! :*

      Delete