living with Aplastic anemia

11:19 AM Dressy_Daisy 0 Comments

I have it on my heart to share my journey with aplastic anemia. I got diagnosed in november 2014, over 7 months ago. This happened 2 months after my wedding, so it was a big shocker to my husband and I. I came in for a check up since I was starting to look really pale and would get tired just from making the bed, and my heart rate would beat crazy fast. When I came in to the hospital it was 130. After some blood tests I was called back to go to the Emergency. I was admitted to the hospital and was there for 3 days. Many things scared us, things such as the doctor saying it might be leukemia or a blood disease. We were all praying, everyone my mom can get in touch with. I received 4 pints of blood, my red blood cells were at 4, white at 2 and platelets were at 22.  I was severely anemic and everyone was shocked that I had no symptoms. Thank God. After a biopsy I was released home with no signs of cancer. The day before thanksgiving I was diagnosed with aplastic anemia. A very very rare disease, the chances of getting this is 2 per million. Yes we were shocked.  Once I started to do research on what this is, chills would run down my body. My bone marrow stopped producing stem cells, it was no longer producing blood. This problem would not go away on its own. it would lead to treatment, or death. I met with doctors and they told me that I would need to do a bone marrow transplant. being healthy all of my life, this came as a cold suprise. It wouldnt settle any time soon because they said I would also have to go through chemotherapy. The whole procedure would take 6 months out of my life. To make things worse, they told my husband and I that we probably will not be able to have children, something we couldnt wait for. The chance of cure with a donor would be 80% (they would have to check my 5 biblings) and if there wasnt a donor the chances would be much less. A month later a couple of days before Christmas I found out that my brother alex was a match. With all the risks and chances of not having a child we kept on praying and I didnt go in for the procedure. Hundreds of people are praying and I believe and know that our God is real and will heal me. You see, over a year ago word came to me that God will be using me, that I will give my testamony on how he is magnificent and people will believe and come to him. He will save through me, and you know why? because I believe he will heal me and i will be okay, even if he has to do some work throu doctors. And for months he was preparing me, ‘child troubles will come, a trial to see how much you love and trust me, will you stand? yes people will talk and tell you things, but remember I AM the living God and the power is in me.“ I will never forget these words. To make my faith even stronger, as soon as I got out of the hospital I recieved another word that if i trust him and have faith - then he will take care of me and he will stretch out his hand and I will feel healing run through my blood like lightening and I will feel the power go through me. I will feel it! I do believe, I do, for this was told to me even before I found it was a blood problem! All the trials i am going though are all for his glory, for in my weakness he is made powerful. When the time is right, my healing will happen, I just need to believe.

0 comments: