Day 22, +16 after transplant

9:25 AM Dressy_Daisy 1 Comments

Hello friends.!
I am happy to say that I can say that I am still doing very well. No matter what, I am on the road to recovery and God is with me. I am in his hands and he is carrying me. Since the day that I have been here, he has helped and protected me. Compared to most of the patients on this floor, I am just cruizing it, waiting for Gods work to be done. As I have mentioned in the beginning, chemo has barely had an effect on me. My best friend Krestina surprised me yesterday and walked into my hospital room in comfy clothes holding a care package. Of course I was in shock to see her, she drove for over 3 days with her husband just to see me! And she's the sick one I mentioned before, I mean her doctors told her not to go anywhere but she was like nu-uh, I have to see my reggie. We had a blast, she made the day fly by and she will be with me for the next few days. I am very, very happy she is here with me.
Well here is some more good news! My white blood count has been slowly going up. This means my immune system is getting stronger. On my previous post it has gone up to 130. Well then the next day it stayed the same, it didn't go up or down, and then yesterday it was at 220. Today my doctor called me a super cruiser and said my counts are at 470. Well he said they are at 700 but out of the good cells they look at its about 470. I just need a little more, they are saying I might be out of here tomorrow, Sunday the latest! Oh I can't wait. But I will not forget Gods promise, he will not be late, he will fully restore me. I am so thirsty for that full restoration, for that freedom. Health is so important friends, take care of your bodies.
Today they wanna slowly start taking me off the iv medications that go into my body through the port and start giving me oral meds so that when I leave I can just be taking oral tabs. The fight might just be over soon. For those who do not know what aplastic anemia is, its a condition where there is a deficiency of all types of blood cells caused by failure of bone marrow development. Doctors don't always know how it develops as it can be different for many people. It can leave you fatigued and with higher risk of infections and uncontrolled bleeding. Symptoms can include:
  • Fatigue
  • Shortness of breath with exertion
  • Rapid or irregular heart rate
  • Pale skin
  • Frequent or prolonged infections
  • Unexplained or easy bruising
  • Nosebleeds and bleeding gums
  • Prolonged bleeding from cuts
  • Skin rash
  • Dizziness
  • Headache
  • Aplastic anemia can become chronic, it can be very severe (as mine was) and can even be fatal. Krestina said she did research and saw that many people with aplastic anemia don't even make it through the chemo because it is so hard on the body. Patients with severe, chronic aplastic anemia that does not respond to available treatments have a 80% chance of dying within 18-24 moths. On top of that, people with this condition are at higher than average risk for developing leukemia. As you all can see now, this isn't just a walk in the park but this is a scary condition. And God has been with me the whole time!!! His hands have been holding me. Even when my counts were super low, when I didn't have many platelets or red blood in my body, when I had no immune system, he was always with me. I am very blessed that I can even share my story and be so positive about it because I know that I will be okay. And you know what, I am thankful for it all. It hasn't been easy always mentally, but it could be so much worse. I just don't allow the enemy to give me thoughts that would be scary. Always keep a positive attitude about life's circumstances, as this can lead you out to a path that is better for the salvation of your soul.  Wanna say thank you all for praying, God hears prayers. Let me know if you would like me to keep you in your prayers, as I would love to. God bless you all!
    xoxo


    1 comment: