Day +9

1:11 PM Dressy_Daisy 2 Comments

Hello everyone,
just want to update you on everything. Today is day 15 for me, and also day +9 after the transplant. I know God is with me, he always is. Doctors told me I would feel crummy around day 7 and guess what, I still feel great. Still no nausea, no mouth sores, no weakness. I have a full appetite and eat a lot every day. My amazing mother and mother in law are constantly bringing me yummy food. How can I not eat? hehe. I still have my energy, I do many laps around the floor every day and I even exercise. Getting my body ready to get out of here! I know its prayers that reach to God and that is why I feel so good. Chemo hasn't been hard on me. And I know this because God said he is with me, not to be afraid, and that he cares so much for me. No more than he cares for you :) I still have a small dose of chemo scheduled for day 11. I get infused every day with things like antibiotics, cyclosporin, anti-fungals, and other things as well as red blood and platelets when needed. But not much is new. Everything is the same if not better. I'm sleeping better through the nights, the days are going by faster. I mean day 15!? Feels like its like day 6. Even though I am so ready to go home. I miss my home so much, my bed, my freedom, my health. Most of all I miss being with my husband without this burden on this shoulder. When I think about the healing that is coming, I get emotional with happiness and thankfulness to the Lord that he is so good to me. He is doing something big and unlike many sick people, I am very lucky and fortunate. Things can be so much worse! I feel so bad for cancer patients. They suffer so much it breaks my heart. They are in this place for months at a time. I can't imagine. They say aplastic anemia with a sibling donor is the thing to have since it's so much easier to recover than cancer. I met a girl here named Jen, she is so sweet. She is battling with leukemia and I got a note slipped under my door this morning from her. She is going home, I am so happy for her. I know its a friendship from the Lord and I know that I will be in contact with her and she will find peace in knowing that God can help her like he is helping me. My testimony is for her too, she is my age and getting married soon.. I was so happy when I found out she's leaving. Just the thought of freedom curls my toes. Soon Regina, soon your blessing will come and everything will fall into place the Lord said. Oh I cannot wait.! God is good. I love seeing people go home. Theres another patient who is paralyzed and is laying in here bed here all day long. Maybe one day I can find the courage to pray for her. All I know is that the Lord can and will continue to speak through me to people. All I have to do is open my mouth and let my heart pour out whatever he has to say. Oh the hours I spend laying in bed at night not being able to sleep. Not wanting to sleep because my thoughts run wild. Happy thoughts, hopeful thoughts, thoughts of a better time and place. I just want to say thank you to those who are praying. God hears and he answers. He is so good. Cast your burdens on him, always be thankful, and don't ever get upset at him. He want you happy, its the enemy that is the deceiver that comes and steals away. God is our father, whatever we go through is for the blessing of our souls. We might not see it on this earth where there is always pain, but we will get our reward in heaven, stay strong, hang in there. Also my best friend Krestina is very sick. We have gone through a lot together, and I love her very much. Please keep her in her prayers as she has been struggling for years with an auto immune disorder that is wearing her out. Please pray for her healing, her faith, restoration, and happiness. Be blessed, thank you for reading.
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. You are such a strong woman, Regina! May God continue working through you, I'm praying for you, dear. May God bless you as you are being a blessing to others!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! Glory to God, this is all for his praise :))

      Delete